Science Communication Unit
Courses designed to fast track you into a range of jobs in the media, museums and communications.
We offer a unique balance of technical skills training and thought-provoking theoretical modules aimed at students with a background in science, engineering or medicine. Our courses were the first of their kind in Europe and have been running for over 20 years.
Our graduates find work in the media and other sectors of the communications industry, including:
- Broadcasting (BBC and independent TV companies)
- Print and online Journalism
- Policy organisations (e.g., parliament, Royal Society, Wellcome Trust)
- Public relations
- Communications departments within research organisations and industry
- Museums and science centres
- Campaign groups and research charities
Both masters programmes are based in our Science Communication Unit, whose work spans academic research and media practice.
We run a small PhD programme in science communication studies. If you are interested in doctoral study, it’s important to gain support for your application from your potential supervisor before making a formal application to the College.