Tuition fees payment terms
Tuition fees payment terms
- You, the student, are responsible for making arrangements to ensure that your fees are paid whether through sponsorship or paying them yourself.
- It is the student's responsibility to inform the College of any sponsorship or fees award (including if you are supported by UK Public Funds such as a tuition fee loan from the Student Loans Company or in receipt of an NHS bursary).
- If a sponsor fails to pay, liability for the unpaid fees will be transferred to the student.
- Imperial College London reserves the right to decide what is acceptable sponsorship and whether the student should, in fact, be regarded as self-funding for fees purposes.
- Tuition fee payment terms are subject to annual revision and Imperial College London reserves the right to amend or update these terms. Any changes to the payment terms will be published on this page and a link to the most recent terms will always be available to applicants in My Imperial Student Portal.
- Invoices are issued via email from firstname.lastname@example.org so please check the email address(es) you provided during your application regularly and that your junk mail filter is set to allow College email to get through. You can find details regarding how to pay your fees on the invoice and on the 'How to Pay' page. Please note that there may be penalties for those students who do not pay on time; please see the Late Payment section on the How to Pay page.
- Any student whose sessional fees have not been paid in full will not be allowed to proceed to the next year of their course and will be required to withdraw from the College. If any fees or charges remain unpaid at the time when a student enters for the last examination necessary to qualify for an award of the College, the award will not be conferred and no certificate in respect of the award will be issued until the debt has been paid in full.
How much will I have to pay?
- You can find information about the fee that you will have to pay via the main Tuition Fees page. Please ensure that you view the fee tables for the correct session; please also ensure you check the fee for your correct fee status, information on your current fee status is shown in My Imperial Student Portal. For more information on how your fee status is determined, please see the Registry Fee Status page
- Please note that all fees unless otherwise specified are subject to an annual increase by an amount linked to inflation.
- Fees are determined by year of entry to the College and not by year of study, this means that if you repeat a year or resume your studies after an interruption, your fees will only increase by the amount linked to inflation and will not include any other increases that may have been applied to new entrants after your commenced your current registration with the College.
- Postgraduate research students who commence their studies other than at the start of session will be charged fees pro rata the number of weeks they are in attendance. For fee charging purposes, students who commence their studies on or after 1 September each year will be deemed to be joining the new academic year and will be charged accordingly.
- Please note that if you defer entry, your fee will be set by the session in which you start the course, not the session from which you deferred (thus a student that deferred entry last year will be charged the fee rate for a new entrant to the College this year, not the fee for a continuing student from last year).
Enquiries regarding tuition fees can be made by email to: email@example.com.
Enquiries regarding payments already made to the College should be directed to the Accounts Receivable Office by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.