Department of Mathematics
Total expected intake
221 (2022 entry)
Applications : Admissions ratio
12 : 1 (based on 2020 entry data)
The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021
4th in the UK
Why choose Mathematics at Imperial?
Mathematical principles underpin research and innovation in science, engineering and technology, and most other areas of life.
You'll join a community of world-leading researchers whose expertise directs the teaching programme on our courses across a range of specialist areas including Applied Mathematics, Mathematical Phyiscs, Mathematical Finance, Pure Mathematics and Statistics. We offer you the flexibility to specialise in areas of your own interest.
You can engage with maths beyond the curriculum by joining Plus!, our problem-solving group, and our student-led weekly lecture series, the Undergraduate Colloquium.
Where could your degree take you?
The logical and analytical skills gained on our courses are highly valued by employers across a range of industries.
Graduates enter careers in banking, computing, law, government, education and many other areas.
Recent graduates have become...
- Quantitative Analyst, Multinational financial services company
- Accountant, KPMG
- Software Developer, Healthcare technology company
- Technology Analyst, Goldman Sachs
- E-Commerce Manager, UK-based financial services group
Explore our courses
Three-year courses (180 ECTS):
- BSc Mathematics (UCAS code G100)
- BSc Mathematics (Pure Mathematics) (G125)
- BSc Mathematics with Applied Mathematics/Mathematical Physics (G1F3)
- BSc Mathematics with Mathematical Computation (G102)
- BSc Mathematics with Statistics (G1G3)
- BSc Mathematics with Statistics for Finance (G1GH)
Four-year courses (240 ECTS):
Joint Mathematics and Computing courses
Three-year course (180 ECTS):
- BEng Mathematics and Computer Science (UCAS code GG14)
Four-year courses (270 ECTS):
If you are an international student, transferring to a different course could have an impact on your student visa. Please visit our International Student Support webpage for further information.