Link block - sidebar
The Link block - sidebar content type creates a link or set of links in the sidebar, on the left underneath the navigation. It can be used with or without an image. It is great for pulling out important and highlighting important content from within your site.
For use on the Content page or Landing page with sidebar.
Here is a live example
See the left-hand side grey sidebar, towards the bottom of the page, to view a live Link block - sidebar content type showing with and without an image.
Before continuing, make sure the section (page) you are working on has a Sidebar (or Shared Sidebar) hidden folder so you can add the Link block. If not please see the instructions for adding a Sidebar folder.
- Find the hidden Sidebar (or Shared Sidebar) section for your page in your site structure;
- Click on the blue Actions button and click Create content;
- A list of content will appear. Select the item called 'Link block - sidebar '; (Find out how to add a Content type)
- A form will appear. Complete the form as follows. There are four main fields to complete and three fields for each link. The first two links are compulsory as there is a minimum of two links and a maximum of 20.
|Field title||What should I do?||Is it compulsory?|
|Name*||Name the block and give it a concise description e.g. Link block - training page||Yes|
|Heading*||This is the block's title and appears above the first link||Yes|
Click Select media to choose a image from the Media Library or to upload a new image. An image of 3000 pixels (wide) by 2000 pixels (high) is required for this content type. Please view the guidance on adding and selecting images in the Media Library.
If you add an image you must add an 'Alt text' describing what is contained in the image. This is an accessibility requirement.
|Simple display?||Ticked box removes the green bar above the Heading, see Link block - sidebar without image||No, defaults to unticked|
|Link 1 Text*||The name of your link||Yes|
|Link 1 Internal||Click Add section link to link to another T4 web page OR||No, but you must add a link to either the internal, external or Media Library option or the block will not look as it should|
|Link 1 External||Copy and paste URL from external website if you want to link to a non-T4 page. All URLs must include http:// or https:// e.g. https://www.bbc.co.uk/ OR||No, but you must add a link to either the internal, external or Media Library option or the block will not look as it should|
|Link 1 Media Library||Click Select media to add a document (pdf, Word, Powerpoint etc.,) from the Media Library||
No, but you must add a link to either the internal, external or Media Library option or the block will not look as it should
5. Repeat this for Link 2 and any subsequent links you want to add.
6. Click Save and approve to save your changes.