The Faculty of Engineering is one of three faculties within Imperial College London and is led by the Dean, Professor Nigel Brandon.
The Faculty seeks to provide international leadership in engineering research and education and is widely recognised as a world leading engineering school. Our departments consistently excel in prominent league table rankings, while the College as a whole enjoys similar success.
Our Faculty is unique in the UK in supporting world class education and fundamental research across the full range of engineering disciplines.
All ten of our academic departments are located on a single campus in South Kensington, giving a concentration of talent that creates a stimulating and vibrant research culture, which promotes multidisciplinary collaborations and attracts internationally leading researchers and scholars.
World class education
Our academic departments deliver world class education in engineering so that our graduates possess the skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary to become international leaders in engineering industry and academia.
We provide our students with an outstanding engineering education, that brings together cutting edge researchers, exceptional teachers and state-of-the-art facilities in inspiring physical and virtual environments. Students at Imperial will meet, work and live with people studying every aspect of engineering.
The Faculty is home to 1,746 staff (421 academics, 828 researchers and 496 support staff) and 7,929 students (of whom around 1,700 are research students). The Faculty is a powerhouse in research across the engineering sciences, with research funding in excess of £100m per year.
Departments / Research Study
- Department of Aeronautics
- Department of Bioengineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Department of Computing
- Dyson School of Design Engineering
- Department of Earth Science and Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Department of Materials
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Case studies - discover how our research impacts the real world
- Strategy - learn how we are transforming the world by developing world class engineering solutions to global problems
- Imperial startups - discover our success in commercialising the results of our academic research
- Research groups - find out more about research groups across the College and their areas of interest
Our students benefit from being part of a leading research community with access to the best teachers and facilities ensuring that our graduates possess the skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary to become international leaders in industry and academia.