Faculty sustainability committee
Terms of reference
Imperial College is working to improve the sustainability and lower the environmental impact of its operations. This includes lowering our consumption of energy, water and plastics, as well as improving the biodiversity of our campuses. The remit of the Faculty of Engineering sustainability committee is to improve faculty operations and processes in this regard.
The committee will:
- Engage with and report to the College Sustainability committee.
- Work with key stakeholders across the College and the Faculty to quantify emissions across the Faculty, and recommend pathways to reduce these.
- Promote sustainable processes across the Faculty, working with Departments and the Faculty central teams.
- Include sustainability in our teaching curriculum and guide our students by example
- The committee will be chaired by the Faculty Dean, and will meet once per term. The committee will comprise one representative from each Department, and the Faculty Operating Officer.
Professor Nigel Brandon, Dean of the Faculty of Engineering (Chair)
Tim Venables, Faculty Operating Officer
Dr Nigel MacCarthy, Department of Aeronautics
Dr Claire Stanley, Department of Bioengineering
Dr Salvador Acha Izquierdo, Department of Chemical Engineering
Dr Rupert Myers, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Professor Paul Kelly, Department of Computing
Dr Marco Aurisicchio, Department of Design Engineering
Professor Anna Korre, Department of Earth Science and Engineering
Professor Bikash Pal, Department of Electrical Engineering
Dr Katharina Marquardt, Department of Materials
Dr Ruth Brooker, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Andrew Hammond, Head of Engineering, Energy & Environment (Estates Division)
Mark Wilkinson, Sustainability Manager (Estates Division)
Daniel Zhuo, City and Guilds College Union President
Jay Haley, Royal School of Mines Union Vice-President (Welfare)
Dawson La, Royal School of Mines student representative
Clare Pearson, Secretary