Support of research to benefit society and the economy has been central to Imperial College's mission since its founding in 1907. This is particularly true within the Faculty of Engineering, where our research brings benefits to far-reaching and diverse areas of application.
Previous case studies
Read some of our older case studies exploring how research by Imperial engineers has impacted society.
- Runway debris
- Offshore risks and rewards
- Deep inspection
- Going from strength to strength
- Cutting their losses
- Future vehicles project
- Low carbon technologies for fossil fuels
- A molecular solution
- Greener, cleaner aviation
- Robots with vision
- Positioning, navigation and timing
- Synthetic Biology Innovation Hub