What is the Imperial Award?
The Imperial Award is a programme encouraging personal development through self-reflection on your experiences, recognising this on your College transcript. The Imperial Award is open to all students at Imperial, including UG, PGT, PGR and intercalating students.
What's new to the IA in 2021/22?
In response to feedback from students, we have developed a more accessible assessment model, introducing a wider range of submission methods, and improved support. The main changes include:
• Options for video and multimedia submissions, in addition to written statements
• Regular peer to peer mentoring sessions
• Streamlined assessment criteria
• Improved online workshops
See the updated Student Guide document and the Imperial Award System Pages for full details, guidance and examples.
What are the benefits of the Imperial Award?
The Imperial Award can help you:
• discover more about yourself and your potential
• develop practical self-reflection skills
• develop your ability to ‘pitch yourself’ to various audiences
• gain a formal recognition from the College
Here’s what our students have to say about the benefits of the Award.
How do I complete the Imperial Award?
We encourage you to read the Student Guidance pack (PDF), which contains all the information you need to start working towards the Imperial Award.
To complete the Imperial Award you need to register by logging in with your College username and password.
Once you've registered, you’ll hear from us about upcoming workshops and other opportunities to support your progress.