Theme 3 – Providing a Safe Space for Open Conversations
Providing a Safe Space for Open Conversations
This video provides examples of providing a space for open conversations. The member of staff is experiencing some personal challenges. Watch the video below and work through the questions that follow.
- What do you notice about the environment this conversation is taking place in?
- What do you notice about the questions the line manager is asking?
- What do you think the staff member needs in this scenario?
- What was the impact of this conversation?
- How is the environment different to scenario A?
- What do you notice about the line manager’s response?
- What tools is the line manager using to support the individual?
- How can you support your line reports when they’re facing personal challenges?
- Are you aware of the relevant support the College can offer?