Equality, diversity and inclusion award guidelines
The College is committed to developing an environment which promotes equality of opportunity, values diversity and where students and staff can work and study free from discrimination and harassment. This award recognises an individual or team who have delivered a specific project, initiative or demonstrated inclusive participation in their everyday behaviour that significantly contributes to the enhancement of equality, diversity and inclusion at the College, whilst demonstrating commitment to the College’s values and behaviours, Respect, Collaboration, Excellence, Integrity, and Innovation.
Nominations can be made by staff from all areas of the College. The awards are decided by a selection panel representing both support services and academic staff.
- Staff in any role across the College are eligible to be nominated.
- Nominations can be made by any Imperial staff member.
- This award is open to individual and team
- Self-nomination is not permitted for this award category.
The nomination must be completed by Friday 15 March 2024.
There is one individual and one team award available for this category, and the winning nominations will receive a prize of £250.
In addition, the winning nomination selected from the winners of the Leadership; Equality, Diversity and Inclusion; Collaboration or Sustainability categories will receive the President’s Medal for Excellence in Culture and Community and a prize of £1,500. The Medal winner/s are invited to attend a College graduation ceremony at the Royal Albert Hall to be presented with the Medal.
You may nominate an individual, or a team to receive an award for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. Please don’t feel constrained by these examples, but you might like to recognise staff for demonstrating:
- Evidence of encouraging inclusive participation and eliminating discrimination
- Evidence of the impact of work/initiative on promoting equality, diversity and inclusion
- Commitment to the values of equality, diversity and inclusion beyond the expectations of their job role/project
- Examples of innovation in response to an equality and diversity issue
- Evidence of respect to other members of the College community
- Collaborative approach to improving EDI in the College
Entering the nomination (please additionally refer to the user guide document for the online awards system). Please also note if you are accessing the system off-site, please make sure you are connected Zscaler and that the authenticate is turned on.
Important: The selection panel will ONLY draw on the evidence presented in the nomination form when making their decision, so please ensure a good case is presented for submission.
- A single nomination form should be completed for individual
- All nominations must be seconded before the Please refer to the online awards system user guide for more information.
- Evidence should be provided for each of the award criteria, particularly how this extends beyond the expectations of the nominee’s job description. This should be written for a non-expert audience and specific examples given where
- There is a strict 300-word limit for each free text
- Attachments are permitted.
Questions to complete
- Is this an individual or a team nomination? If this is a team nomination, please include the name of the team and the names of each team member.
- Please describe your relationship to the nominee (i.e. colleague, peer, line manager) and how you became aware of their contributions to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the College
- Please describe what the nominee has done to merit the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Award and how they demonstrate the College’s values and behaviours. Please reference the Imperial Values to inspire your nomination.
- Please describe the key benefits they have brought to all parties involved.
Please be aware of the strict word count of 300 words.