Postgraduate taught experience survey (PTES)
The Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES) is a national survey of Master's level students organised by Advance HE, which invites them to comment on their programme and student experience.
PTES is your chance to tell us your thoughts about your course. The results help us compare how we are doing with other institutions, to make changes that will improve what we do in future and to keep doing the things that you value. This will help improve the experience of students like you in the future. Your feedback is important. Over one hundred universities and colleges take part. This means we can compare your experience against similar postgraduates at other institutions to see if we are supporting your learning as we should. We use the findings to improve our programmes and the learning experience for future students.
PTES will run at Imperial from 14 May 2020 to 12 June 2020. The PTES survey was last run at the College in 2018 and the results can be found below.
More information on PTES can be found at the Advance HE website.
PTES concentrates on your programme and includes:
The experience of teaching and learning, including: staff, learning materials, working with other students, workload, and feeding back on experience;
- Engagement and course challenge;
- Assessment and feedback, including supervisor support for dissertation or major project;
- Organisation and management, including induction and involvement in course decisions;
- Resources and services, including learning resources and overall support;
- Skills development, including independent learning, research skills and career skills;
- Overall satisfaction and motivation for taking the programme and information provided by the institution to help course choice;