Stay in touch
Sign up to our emails for the latest updates on public events at Imperial College London.
Imperial Lates Online: Wellbeing
Explore how science is helping us understand and improve our mental and physical health.
Catch up with recordings of the week's events and discover more content, including playlists, podcasts and videos. From fitness video games to the emotional toll that COVID and climate change are placing on the next generation, we explored how science is helping us understand the negative influences on our wellbeing, and embrace what is truly good for us.
- Discover whether computer games can work harder to make us fitter and improve our physical health
- Create your own abstract expressionist cityscapes and explore how the world around us affects our wellbeing with a unique drawing class hosted by artist Daksha Patel and researcher Rhiannon Thompson
- For Black History Month, look at the technological and social support available for young black men dealing with mental illness
- Join us for a panel discussion with psychologists, psychiatrists and digital health experts to help us build a survival kit for winter wellbeing.
- How does sleep affect our wellbeing? You asked our sleep scientists all your questions in our Reddit AMA.
Imperial Lates Online are most suitable for over 18s.
Three Chemically Connected Poems
Through a series of conversations and collaborative writing, Dan - Imperial's poet-in-residence - and Manjula have created three interconnected poems. These explore Manjula's research interest in recyclable polymers and come to centre around the idea of ongoing connections and cycles. In this meditative piece we explore our connections with ourselves, each other and the planet. The poem also contains extracts read by Manjula in Sinhalese. Why not make your own connected poem?
Students from Imperial College London have developed a video game to help players get fit as they take on opponents in a fantasy world. Quell aims to remove barriers to exercise. Users can get fit while fighting their way through an exciting fantasy world and feel real impact with every punch through a lightweight, portable wearable.
Have a listen to the playlist we've put together on Wellbeing! Suggest your own songs to add to this Spotify playlist using #ImperialLates on Twitter.
Take a coffee break and tune in to some of our favourite excerpts from the Imperial Podcast.