Free licences for VMware are to be used for research and teaching purposes only.
- Go to the VMware website
- Click Sign in
- Select Imperial College London. You will be redirected to the Imperial College authentication page
- Enter your College username and password. An email will be sent with a link to the download
- Licence usage terms can be found at on the VMware website
- VMware vSphere Advanced
- VMware Fusion (for Mac)
- VMware Workstation (for Windows)
- VMware Workstation (for Linux 32 Bit)
- VMware Workstation (for Linux 64 Bit)
If you intend to use VMware for purposes other than teaching or research, you will have to pay for a licence. Contact the ICT Service Desk to find out the cost of VMware licences.