About guest accounts
College staff or students can use the Guest Access system to set up guest accounts for visitors or guests. The accounts are temporary, and designed to be used for short periods of time. Typically a guest account will allow access to the following:
- Access to Imperial WPA
- a username and password to login in to a College computer
- Access to Blackboard
- Access to printing (printing access is only granted to guest accounts if Departmental Representatives have supplied a cost code when setting up the account)
Guests of students
Students can request an account for their guest which last up to eight hours. They must be able to identify the guest and accept responsibility for use of the account.
Guests of staff
- Staff can request a guest account for visitors which lasts up to eight hours. They must be able to identify who was given the guest account or accept responsibility for use of account.
- Staff (not including contingent workers) can also request a guest account for visitors for up to 90 days.
- Staff (not including contingent workers) can also set up accounts for large amounts of users using the conference facility within the Guest Access system.
Halls of residence reception desk staff can request a guest account for paying guest using the option Create Halls guest account by KX booking reference. This prompts for the paying guests KX Booking reference and number of days they have booked.
Staff (not including contingent workers) and registered conference sponsors can set up accounts for multiple users, using the option Create a conference. Access to the conference section of the guest access system is restricted. If this option does not appear, contact the ICT Service Desk. Students need to seek approval from the member of staff organising the event.