Gartner IT strategy resources
Gartner is a leading technology research and advisory company that undertakes extensive IT research. More than 960 expert analysts cover 1,200 topics across the IT landscape. Access to the Gartner Research Core Service is available to you free of charge as a member of Imperial College London. You can search for information by topic, industry or role.
What is the Gartner Core Research Service?
The service provides independent objective insight. It is designed to meet the needs of students, staff and technology professionals across College.
Who can use this service?
All College staff and students. You can access Gartner by entering your College username and password.
The service is available 24/7: Access the service.
Gartner offer an accessible version of their site: Request accessibility access.
How is the information provided?
You can search for information by topic, industry or role. Information is provided via:
- Spotlights that reflect timely client issues, consider the issues from several different perspectives and tie together research from all the core IT research aims.
- Special Reports that cover underlying research themes that cut across technology or industry-specific research, or provide in-depth strategic analysis of trends, industry developments, vendors, products and services.
- Published Research that focuses on companies, products, markets, decision frameworks, tactical guidelines, case studies and strategic planning assumptions.
- Magic Quadrants that provide a graphical competitive positioning of technology providers in fast-growing markets: Leaders, Visionaries, Niche Players and Challengers.
What are the benefits?
The Gartner Core Research Service enables you to:
- Stay ahead of the competition by providing you with the latest research into trends, monitoring the challenges, changes and opportunities you may have and offering strategies to deal with these issues.
- Access to current and historic research data to enhance insight and understanding.
- Enable analysis of existing and potential suppliers and products to inform strategic business investment decisions.
- Review case studies and examples of how new technology, devices and applications can deliver competitive advantage.
Terms and conditions
Use of this service is restricted to all current students and staff and is for educational purposes only.
FAQ: Gartner Core Research Service
I am unable to access the Gartner site.
You must use the specific College link and login using your Imperial username and password.
I am unable to view selected research.
Ensure that pop-ups from gartner.com are allowed in your web browser to view research.
I am still unable to access the research.
You may not have permission to view that level of research. Contact the ICT Service Desk with any queries, making sure you quote ‘College Gartner Service’.
Somebody has shared a Gartner article with me but when I click on the link, I'm sent to a Gartner Login page that does not accept my details.
There are two ways to fix this:
- Login to the Gartner Service via the Imperial Gartner address and double click the link you were sent again. The article should now be displayed.
- Log on to the Gartner service via the Imperial Gartner address and then enter the article title or ID into the search window at the top of the Gartner Research Portal.