My timetable and calendar
For information on timetabling, including viewing your calendar and booking rooms, please visit the timetabling page.
Saving your files
We offer several in-house and cloud-based file storage options. The storage tool we recommend depends on the type of data or files you are storing and who you want to have access to it. Storing information in the correct place is important because it is Imperial policy to protect sensitive data.
ICT strongly recommends using OneDrive for Business to save your files as you can then access your files at any time from any device and share them easily with others.
Visit our saving my files web pages for more information.
Virtual learning environment (Blackboard and Panopto)
Blackboard Learn is the virtual learning environment that we provide for staff and students to teach courses and store learning materials online. Your lecturers will use Panopto to record lectures and presentations which you can access as part of your studies.
Libraries on Imperial's campuses provide you with access to a range of resources, including public computers and printers.
Print, copy and scan documents on campus
Scanning, photocopying and printing services are available in public areas, including the library. You access the printers and purchase print credits using your Imperial ID card and details. Print credits can be purchased online, over the counter or via machines, depending on your location.
Working off-campus and access to services
As a student at Imperial, you will still need access to our services whilst you work away from campus at home and during the holidays. You can access your email, files and more using our Cloud services but for some more specific pieces of software, you may need to connect to one of our PCs on campus.
Visit our accessing services when off-campus web pages for information on how to work away from campus.
LinkedIn Learning for Imperial students
As a student of Imperial College London, you can access and use LinkedIn Learning; the online subscription library that offers video courses taught by industry experts in software, creative, and business skills. The service is free to access for all staff and students at Imperial and can be accessed on a range of devices.
How to sign up to LinkedIn Learning
Before being able to use their online training, you must register with LinkedIn Learning. Please follow these steps:
1. Go to the LinkedIn Learning website
2. Sign out of LinkedIn if you are logged in with your personal account
3. Click Sign In
4. Enter your Imperial email address in the following format (firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. On the next screen, click on "Continue to Imperial College London"
6. This will now display the Imperial login screen where you have to enter your Imperial username (in the format email@example.com; note this is a different format to what you entered above) and password.
7. This should complete your registration and you can start enjoying LinkedIn Learning.
- Go to the LinkedIn Learning website
- Sign out of LinkedIn if you are logged in with your personal account
- Click Sign In
- Click Sign in with your organisation account
- Enter your Imperial email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- On the next screen, click on "Continue to Imperial College London"
- This will now display the Imperial login screen where you have to enter your Imperial username (in the format email@example.com; note this is a different format to what you entered above) and password.
- This should complete your registration and you can start enjoying LinkedIn Learning.