The Finance module of Imperial College Information Systems (ICIS) is used for the College accounting processes. Gaining access to this module will allow you to run queries on specified accounts.
Discover what you can do in the Finance module in the Imperial Finance section.
Request access to the Finance module
You must have the Cost Centres and Activity Codes on which you wish to enquire to request access to the Finance module. If you are unsure of the codes you require, please contact your local finance administrator. A list can be found here.
- On Windows, please use Firefox or Internet Explorer to access ICIS, not Google Chrome or Safari.
- On Mac OS X, please use Safari or Firefox.
To request access to the Finance module, follow these steps:
- Go to ICIS Authorisation (using Internet Explorer only, this application does not work on Mac or any other browsers).
- Select Submit request to update ICIS account.
- Click Proceed.
- Scroll to the bottom and tick Financials.
- Enter the Cost Centres and Activity Codes you require access to on the next webpage.
- Click Proceed.
Your request has been submitted. Make a note of the reference number displayed in case you have a query.
Problems accessing the Finance module
I get a Run-time 1004 error when I try to upload Web ADI Journals.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Select the circular menu button in the top left hand corner of the spreadsheet.
- Select the Excel Options button at the bottom of the menu screen.
- Press the Trust Center button on the left menu.
- Choose the Trust Center Settings button.
- Select the Macro Settings option on the left hand menu and tick the Trust access to the VBA project object model box.
- Tick either Disable all macros with notification box or the Enable all macros box. If you leave the Disable all macros box ticked, you will receive a security warning stating that Macros have been disabled.
- Select the Options button if you receive this message.
- Choose the Enable this content option.
- Unprotect the spreadsheet to add data to it by selecting the Review tab and selecting the Unprotect icon.
- Select the Add-Ins tab, the Oracle option and then Upload to upload the Journal spreadsheet to ICIS.