Pay for printing and photocopying
Undergraduate students are given an annual minimum print allowance of £25. This print allowance will renew at the start of each academic year. Postgraduate print allowance varies according to your department and staff are given an unlimited printing allowance.
Below are Instructions on how to buy print and photocopy credit for students, NHS staff, guests and staff:
Buy print and photocopying credit
Students, NHS staff and guests
If you run out of print credit you can top up using the following methods.
Using your credit or debit card (ePay)
- Go to the Managed Print Service website and login with your College username and password.
- Select the ePay option.
- Enter your College email address and the amount of money you wish to transfer in pounds (GBP). The amount must be a whole number between £5 and £50.
- Click Accept to be taken to the WPM website.
- Follow the WPM on-screen instructions.
You will receive a Shopper confirmation email from WPM when your purchase has been successful.
All credit and debit card transactions are handled by WPM via a secure link. No credit card information is kept by the College on any system. If you experience a problem when using the WPM service, contact the ICT Service Desk and attach a copy of your Shopper confirmation email.
As a member of staff, any printing or photocopying you do at a touch card printer is billed to your department at the end of the month. If you need to set up your print allowance, contact your Departmental Representative.
Your Departmental Representative will complete our add print credit to my account form. They will need the following information:
- Your CID or username.
- The finance code that should be billed e.g. ABCD-G0000-163116. Only F or G codes can be used for printing allowances. Project codes are not suitable.
- The type of allowance you require (unlimited monthly allowance, limited monthly allowance, period allowance).
Print credit refund
If you are leaving Imperial College London you may be eligible to receive a print credit refund.
Refunds are only given if:
- You have more than £10 of printing credit left when you leave.
- You added the credit yourself, either by card or cash. Printing allowances added by departments are non-refundable.
- Only transactions from the previous 24 months are applicable for a refund.
You will need to contact ICT Service Desk to request a refund. ICT will need your full postal address and bank details in order to process the refund. The refund process takes the Finance Department approximately three weeks to complete. Our financial regulations require that refund claims are settled via BACS transfer to a bank account.
An error occurred during my print job and I require a refund
If an error occurred while you were printing and you believe that you are entitled to a print credit refund, contact the ICT Service Desk.