Access Office 365
Office 365 applications are installed on all College machines and a selection of applications can also be accessed from your web browser. Staff and Students are able to install Office 365 applications on up to 5 personal Macs or PCs, 5 mobile devices and 5 tablets.
If you're using an older version of Office, such as Office 2010 or Office 2007, please contact the ICT Service Desk.
How do I access Office 365 from my web browser?
- Log in to Office 365
- Your username is your College username followed by @ic.ac.uk e.g: email@example.com
- Your password is your College password
You will need to login and be connected to the internet at least once a month to keep your subscriptions active.
How do I install Office applications on my Mac or PC?
Follow these simple steps to get Office 365 on your devices:
- Log in to Office 365
- Type in your College username followed by @ic.ac.uk (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org). You will be redirected to the College authentication page. Your username should be pre-filled.
- Enter your College password and click Sign In.
- Click on Install Office
Alternatively, you can access lighter versions of applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote by logging in to Office 365 online without installing the software on your device.
How do I install Office 365 applications on my mobile or tablet?
Individual Office 365 applications can also be installed on iOS and Android devices for access to all the applications whilst on the move. Search ‘Microsoft’ in your relevant app store to download the apps, and log in using your College username followed by @ic.ac.uk and your College password.
Add a profile photo
A profile picture can really help with engagement. It can also help to ensure that when you are sharing information with others you are picking the right colleague(s) to receive the shared information. The photo should be of yourself, not of your pet or child and if you don't feel comfortable having a photo associated with your profile, do not feel obliged!
How do you add or update your profile picture?
- Firstly, you will need a picture of yourself; Either take a selfie on your phone and save it onto your computer, or use the built-in photo app to use the webcam and take a picture, or better still ask a friend or family member to take a picture of you.
- To add a profile picture to your Office 365 account (only shown internally), click on your initials in Teams and then either click on the initials in the drop-down menu to change your profile picture.
- In the dialogue box click on upload picture and choose a picture of yourself that you have available.
What happens to my access when I leave the College?
If you are a member of staff, you will lose access as soon as you leave the College. Staff who are leaving the college should save any personal files to their own personal storage and hand over any documents to their line manager.
When you complete your studies, you will receive an advance email notifying when your account will be deactivated, at which point you will no longer be able to use your Office 365 applications.
Your OneDrive for Business account will stay active for three months after your graduation. This grace period is to ensure you have moved all your personal files across.
Office 365 applications installed on personal devices will have reduced functionality when your account has been deactivated. Applications can be reactivated with your personal or new workplace Office 365 account however you will no longer have access to your previous files.
If you are returning to College as a student or member of staff and require an extension, please contact the ICT Service Desk as soon as possible.