Leadership and organisational structure
Our journey to a product delivery operating model
Following the publication of a White Paper in May 2020, ICT has undergone a significant transformation, restructuring to understand more deeply, the products which provide the foundations for the delivery of world-class teaching and research.
Moving to a product-based delivery approach has resulted in the following changes and benefits:
- A customer-driven engagement and delivery model, that reflects how the College is organised, enabling ICT to build, evolve, and deliver to a technology blueprint.
- End to end accountability in a single team for product roadmaps, costs, benefits, risks, issues, change activity and operational deliveries.
- Simplify and flatten the department to empower our people and remove unnecessary hierarchy and duplication of effort.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable subject matter technology experts for each product line and its related systems.
- A collaborative, transparent and flexible way of working allowing technology to be delivered more effectively and efficiently by self-organising teams who can anticipate and adapt positively to change.
- Improve customer focus and service experience.
- Implement robust and effective governance, within ICT and with respect to wider College partnerships and interactions.
- Create a collaborative Innovation Hub to improve service quality.
How we are organised
We have transitioned from a hierarchical-based line management model towards a matrix management approach which is centred around six core functions. The Head of each function forms the ICT’s Leadership Team.
Our team manages and supports staff to deliver the services they need to do their jobs, whether it is commercial engagement, development needs, financial transactions, administrative requests, communications opportunities, or governance processes.
Meet the Head of Business Operations
Our teams area consists of Product lines.
The product lines are a delivery function which ensure that critical business services are maintained and delivered across the college. The product lines include; HR and Finance, Estates, Campus and Commercial, Student Lifecycle, Research, and Cross Functional.
Our team aligns with 1st Line Support, Service Management and the Service and Security Experience Centre (SSXC).
We leverages a range of technologies to visualise college incidents and events delivered using a range of service and security monitoring tools provided by infrastructure technology.
Meet the Head of Service Operations
Research Computing Services
Our Research Computing Services (RCS)is responsible for the oversight and management of our research capabilities across the College.
This includes stakeholder management, demand management, oversight of the Research Computing Services and associated High Performance Computing platforms, Research Data Store and the Research Software Engineering teams.
Meet the Head of Research Computing Services
Infrastructure and Shared Services
We provide support for Data, Integration, Cloud, and Identity and Trust and operate in conjunction with Infrastructure Technology.
We provide subject matter experts or specialists who understand each domain and its associated technologies intimately. Our specialists work across all functional areas and product lines to enable, configure, and evolve these technologies in alignment with the technology office.
Meet the Head of Infrastructure and Shared Services
We support all aspects of ICT and provide leadership across security, integration and data domains whilst providing enterprise support across all product lines in the form of Technology Product Specialists and Product Technology Specialists.
We work in conjunction with product lines and domain specialisms to deliver blueprints, patterns and designs whilst owning and managing strategy, standards, and principles.
Meet the Head of the Technology Office
You can find out more about each functional area and their teams strategic objectives.