Leadership and organisational structure
Moving to a product-based delivery approach has resulted in the following changes and benefits:
- A customer-driven engagement and delivery model, that reflects how the College is organised, enabling ICT to build, evolve, and deliver to a technology blueprint.
- End to end accountability in a single team for product roadmaps, costs, benefits, risks, issues, change activity and operational deliveries.
- Simplify and flatten the department to empower our people and remove unnecessary hierarchy and duplication of effort.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable subject matter technology experts for each product line and its related systems.
- A collaborative, transparent and flexible way of working allowing technology to be delivered more effectively and efficiently by self-organising teams who can anticipate and adapt positively to change.
- Improve customer focus and service experience.
- Implement robust and effective governance, within ICT and with respect to wider College partnerships and interactions.
- Create a collaborative Innovation Hub to improve service quality.
How we are organised
We have transitioned from a hierarchical-based line management model towards a matrix management approach which is centred around seven core functions. The Director of each function forms the ICT’s Leadership Team.
Our teams area consists of Product lines.
The product lines are a delivery function which ensure that critical business services are maintained and delivered across the college. The product lines include; HR and Finance, Estates, Campus and Commercial, Student Lifecycle, Research, and Cross Functional.
Research Computing Services
Our Research Computing Services (RCS)is responsible for the oversight and management of our research capabilities across the College.
This includes stakeholder management, demand management, oversight of the Research Computing Services and associated High Performance Computing platforms, Research Data Store and the Research Software Engineering teams.
Infrastructure and Shared Services
We provide support for Data, Integration, Cloud, and Identity and Trust and operate in conjunction with Infrastructure Technology.
We provide subject matter experts or specialists who understand each domain and its associated technologies intimately. Our specialists work across all functional areas and product lines to enable, configure, and evolve these technologies in alignment with the technology office.
We support all aspects of ICT and provide leadership across security, integration and data domains whilst providing enterprise support across all product lines in the form of Technology Product Specialists and Product Technology Specialists.
We work in conjunction with product lines and domain specialisms to deliver blueprints, patterns and designs whilst owning and managing strategy, standards, and principles.
Digital Education Services
Digital Education Services provides technology support and learning systems for the students and staff of the College. The team has innovation at its core and supports both audio visual equipment across campus and the education platforms that are used in teaching and learning.