ICT Mission and Customer Charter
ICT Mission and Customer Charter
ICT Mission, Vision and Values
Our mission is to become part of the fabric of the College ensuring it is achieving enduring excellence in research and education in science, engineering, medicine, and business for the benefit of society by providing world-class information technology services.
Our vision to delight our customers with service excellence builds on our role to achieve the College's ambitions, and to support enduring excellence in Research, Education, and Professional Services.
We will foster a culture of excellence within ICT, focussing on a seamless digital student journey, the best tools and systems, and robust and reliable technology and infrastructure that is facilitating world class teaching and learning – making sure everything we do aligns with the ambitions of the business.
You can read more about our vision and strategy for next 5 years.
We adopt Imperial's core values to guide our behaviour as a community.
ICT Customer Charter
The ICT Customer Charter is a set of three promises that tell you what to expect from ICT support services and what we strive to deliver.
We know you require high standards and we're here to make IT work for you when you need it and in a way that suits you. To make sure that happens, we ask our staff to focus on these three key promises and deliver on them every time they engage with you.
What you should expect from us
Quick and easy access
- provide you with useful information via Our services, including step-by-step guidance and answers to common queries
- aim to answer calls to the ICT Service Desk within ten rings during ICT Service Desk opening hours
- offer face-to-face help at our walk-in Service Desk
- pass emails sent to the ICT Service Desk to the appropriate support team within one working day. Contacting us via ASK is often quicker
- provide out of hours support for any College-critical issues
- aim to complete at least 90% of requests within 5 working days
- aim to provide an outstanding level of service, so you can continue teaching, learning, researching or supporting the College
- put you at the centre of everything we do, from supporting existing services to developing new ones and continually challenging ourselves to improve your interaction with technology
- provide remote support by connecting to your computer. We will always alert you before we view your screen and we can schedule a time that is convenient for you
- protect your data by providing you with security and software updates on a regular basis, using a remote connection to your computer. We do not view what is on your computer when undertaking this work
Clear and timely communication
- keep in touch in a way that suits you (telephone, in-person or email)
- keep you updated. We will always tell you what will happen next and by when
- call you back as agreed, at a mutually convenient time
- contact you by telephone for anything urgent, if we have your number
- communicate with you using jargon-free plain English
- provide you with ICT-related news on Twitter during office hours
- listen to your feedback when we have met your expectations and when we have not
How you can help us
You can help us meet our aims by:
- working with us as partners and treating us with courtesy, dignity and respect
- providing us with the information we need to help you and in a timely manner
- asking us to explain if you are unsure of what we are saying
- contacting us by telephone or via ASK, our online help system, for the quickest response. See Contact us for details
- using our specialised online forms, tailored to gather the right information and direct your requests straight to the appropriate team
- using the ICT Service Desk as your main point of contact when using the telephone or sending us an email
- being aware of and abiding by the Information Security Policy
- giving us feedback. Let us know what you think and help us to improve in all areas, including our website, customer support and the services and facilities that we provide and maintain